Re: RFS: DPMT: flufl.lock 2.1.1-1

I've finally managed to look into these problems.  I believe I've solved them
all and will commit the updates, along with cargo-culting the same changes
into the other three flufl.* packages, asap.

On Aug 23, 2011, at 11:06 PM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:

>[Barry Warsaw, 2011-08-22]
>> I've managed to file ITPs and package up two more flufl packages, flufl.lock
>
>* build directory is not removed in clean target (and thus package
>  cannot be build twice in a row)

This is because dh_auto_clean does not remove the build/sphinx directories.
Adding an override_dh_auto_clean target which `rm -rf build/sphinx` does the
trick.  However, I wonder if this is something that `--with sphinxdoc` should
help with?  If so, I'm willing to at least file a bug.

FWIW, `pbuilder --build --twice ...` along with an A* hook to invoke a shell
were the essential debugging tools for this problem.

>* lintian complains with:
>
>W: flufl.lock source: build-depends-on-1-revision build-depends:
>python-sphinx (>= 1.0.7+dfsg-1)

Bumped this down to 1.0.7.

>E: python-flufl.lock: helper-templates-in-copyright

Okay, I removed the "(s)" but this one seems bogus for several reasons.
First, the lintian warning really doesn't tell you what's wrong with your
debian/copyright file, so you're left to guessin' 'n googlin'.  Second,
debbug #631674.

>E: python-flufl.lock: extended-description-is-empty

This one also feels a bit bogus to me.  Do I really *have* to have an extended
description?  Maybe the summary is all there is.  But okay, easily fixed.

>W: python-flufl.lock: duplicate-changelog-files
>usr/share/doc/python-flufl.lock/changelog.gz
>usr/share/doc/python-flufl.lock/html/_sources/NEWS.txt.gz

I'm not getting this one now.  Maybe it's due to the other changes I'm about
to commit.  Please let me know if you still get this.

>* it FTBFS in my pbuilder (works fine on my desktop):

The trick is to add `--bindmounts "/dev/shm /dev/shm" to your pbuilder
command.  Should I document this somewhere in my source package?  Is this an
acceptable requirement for a package?  If not, I think the only other option
is to disable the failing tests.

>PS feel free to reply in private

Thanks.  I hope you don't mind me replying publicly, since I think the
information may be useful to other Python packagers, or spur constructive
discussions about the toolset.  Plus, I'm too old to worry anymore about
looking like an idiot. :)

Anyway, thanks for the great feedback, and apologies for taking so long to
respond.

Cheers,
-Barry