Re: Switching to git

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> > git diff ... | patch; git commit -m 'Merged blah bleh into blue'
> hint: git merge --squash

ah, evil evil evil git developers for allowing such a thing! I never
used it ;-)

> Sandro: so... what do WE choose? :-)
> mr + git-buildpackage + overlay?

sounds good  to me ;-) ... d'oh - I am not Sandro

I forgotten to mention in this thread yet:
we already have similar setup for managing our packages (although some
of them not under git-buildpackage -- check for debian/gbp.conf
presense) for exppsy (AKA NeuroDebian) project (pkg-exppsy repositories
on git-buildpackage) and we have a little helper script

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-exppsy/.git;a=blob;f=add_project.sh;hb=HEAD
which creates the repo and calls
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-exppsy/.git;a=blob;f=gen_mrconfig.sh;hb=HEAD
to add the entry to .mrconfig

also, I would advice on using a configuration item:

[url "ssh://git.debian.org/git/"]
  pushInsteadOf = git://git.debian.org/

so you could provide .mrconfig with public (git://) urls so anyone could
clone repositories no problem, and then push back (via ssh://) if he has
access.