Re: Request for Review - Nuitka the Python compiler

Hello Nicolas,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:59:56PM +0100, Kay Hayen wrote:

Oh collective Debian-Python Brainpower, tell me a good name but
"nuitka" for said binary. :-)

Reading the doc I understand that "Python" == "Nuitka.py --execute".
Am I correct ?

It's "--exe" and "--exectute", but yes, it executes automatically, and the missing feature is to e.g. support "-u" and other options that the normal "python" has.

Maybe Python + nuitka -->  nuitka + nuitka-ctl
Or    Python + nuitka -->  pynuitka + nuitka
Or    Python + nuitka -->  nuitka + "nuitka compiler"
Or    Python + nuitka -->  nython + nuitka
Or something better than the above :)

I like "nython" somewhat.

I had previously thought of "python.nuitka", but that kind of breaks things that expect only version suffixes, I would expect it to not be acceptable. If it's not, I would love it.

Hm, what about "nuitka-python" as a binary name of what is now Python, is that OK? It seems the readable variant.

Yours,
Kay