Re: RFS: python-unipath -- object-oriented approach to file/pathname manipulations

Hi,

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com> writes:

> I am  looking for a  sponsor for  my package "python-unipath".   It is
> needed as it is a dependency for new upstream versions of trash-cli. I
> would like  to maintain  it as  part of  the Python  Modules Packaging
> Team. I've just applied on alioth for svn access. My username there is
> andrewsomething-guest.

As no sponsor seems to have stepped up yet, I would happily sponsor this
package.

Some comments:

* debian/rules:

  + override_dh_auto_test:
        [...]

  You mush check whether nocheck is set in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment
  variable before  actually running  any tests.  This is  only necessary
  when not  using dh_auto_test  directly as it  just exits  before doing
  anything if nocheck is set.

  You could do something like that:

  override_dh_auto_test:
  ifeq (,$(findstring nocheck,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
       [...]
  endif

  + python ./test.py

  The  tests  are  not  called  at all  because  there  are  only  class
  definitions in test.py,  I guess you should perhaps run  them this way
  instead:

  nosetests ./test.py.

  Also,  you should  run the  tests against  all python  versions (using
  pyversions  -r for  example),  rather than  only  the current  default
  Python version.

  Also, you  may want to  run the  tests against installed  files rather
  than the  current source  directory to make  sure that  everything was
  installed properly (but this is really up to you...).

Cosmetic:

+ debian/rules:

  override_dh_installchangelogs:
          dh_installchangelogs CHANGES

  This is not needed as  dh_installchangelogs already takes care of such
  files.

+ Mercurial files in source tarball:

  As you are already repacking  the upstream source tarball, perhaps you
  could get rid of .hg* files at the same time?

Besides of that, your packages looks fine. Let me know when your package
is available  in the SVN and  you have made the  changes mentioned above
and I will upload it.

Regards,
--
Arnaud Fontaine