Re: Scons build system

Hi,

On 10/24/2011 05:51 PM, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:
> I'm starting to package a C++ library for Debian and it uses scons to generate the binaries.

Poor you ;)

> The problem is that scons doesn't set the soname on the generated .so file.

Scons doesn't know about it. Telling it about sonames is a mess... Also
if your upstream doesn;t care about sonames (otherwise they would have
stumbled upon this issue) you might want to teach them about sonames and
that yo need to be able to rely on them.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gpsd.git/tree/SConstruct is a big mess
of example on how you coudl do it, search for the VersionedSharedLibrary
function...

Cheers,

Bernd
 GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F