Scons build system

Hello people.

I don't know if this list is appropiate to discuss about Scons. If it isn't, please redirect me to the right one.

I'm starting to package a C++ library for Debian and it uses scons to generate the binaries.

The problem is that scons doesn't set the soname on the generated .so file.

I was able to fix that, but I had to modify the upstream scons stuff. It's there any way to set the sonane using environment variables instead patching the upstream sources?

I'm looking for something like

LINKFLAGS=-Wl,-soname=mylib.version.so

Thanks in advanceand best regards.

José Luis Segura