Re: Discuss Python plans for (early) wheezy cycle

On Jan 21, 2011, at 05:11 AM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 01:08:34AM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
>> >How about supporting both python (default being Python 2.7) and python3
>> >(default being Python 3.x, x=2 in Wheezy?) forever as two separate
>> >languages?
>> That's the plan. Except maybe "forever" is exaggerated. We do hope
>> that we'll be able to remove Python 2.X from Debian at some point.
>Will that involve renaming python3 to python?

I think Debian should not make that decision on its own, but instead in
concert with as many other distros as possible, so that Python users can
expect consistency.  It's probably worth trying to get some consensus on that
at Pycon, as we did with /usr/bin/python3.

Who's going to be at Pycon this year?

-Barry