Re: Discuss Python plans for (early) wheezy cycle

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 17:47 -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2011, at 11:16 PM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
>
> >[Barry Warsaw, 2011-01-20]
> >> If I may make a radical suggestion though: what do you think about making
> >> Python 3 the default for Wheezy?
> >
> >over my dead body ;-P
>
> Okay, then Wheezy+1 :)

How about supporting both python (default being Python 2.7) and python3
(default being Python 3.x, x=2 in Wheezy?) forever as two separate
languages?

New applications will be encouraged to be developed in python3.  Legacy
applications will be migrated to Python 2.7.

I suppose Perl will do a similar thing with Perl 5.x and Perl 6.x once
Perl 6 is ready.

--- Omer

--
$ python