Re: RFS: didjvu, djvusmooth, pybtex

[Jakub Wilk, 2011-01-14]
> * Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>, 2011-01-13, 16:11:
> Well, there is lenny-backports-sloppy. But I was thinking more about
> backporting for user's own purposes.
>
> For python-support-based packages, backporting is often no-op: you can
> just install a squeeze package on a lenny system (after you install
> python-support for bpo, of course).

to get the same effect, you'd have to change python-default's version in
Lenny (which might not be a sane idea). It then would work only for
packages that provide symlinks for Python versions you're interested in,
though.

>> but yes, with one small change (to workaround missing py_comple.py
>> changes in Lenny's Python inter), it is possible to backport it to
>> Lenny.
>
> dh_python2 currently generates a dependency on something like "python (>=
> 2.6.5-42~)". How is that supposed to work in lenny?

it's due to pycompile/pyclean scripts

to use Wheezy's dh_python2 based packages in Lenny, you'd have to add
dh_python2's stuff (including slightly modified pycompile and
debpython.version) to Lenny's python-defaults and rebuild packages with
public modules