Re: Build-Depends-Indep dependencies

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <didier@raboud.com> wrote:
> anatoly techtonik wrote:
>
>> I know basics about Makefiles - I know that target is and what 4-space
>> indents from PEP-8 are unwelcome there. But Debian Policy tells that
>> debian/rules should contain build-indep target for
>               ^^^^^^
>
>> Build-Depends-Indep, and there is no such rule in trac-bitten.
>
> Yes. "Should" is not "must".

Ok, but then Build-Depends-Indep doesn't make sense without
build-indep target. Why it is present in debian/rules in trac-bitten?

Another side is that Build-Depends should not be processed, because
there is no build target also. But there is trac-bitten binary
package, so the build process somehow works. This kind of magic is not
explained in debian policy, and I am unable to see how this magic
works to tell if Build-Depends-Indep should be dropped.

--
anatoly t.