Re: Build-Depends-Indep dependencies

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org> wrote:

> I don't mind that beginners in packaging have write access to our repositories,
> assuming that they're willing to learn the necessary details during their work
> within the team. But as you're neither willing to learn how packaging software
> for Debian works, nor you seem to know the necessary basics like makefiles, I've
> removed your write access to the Python teams' repositories.

You seem to read it the way you wanted. If I wasn't willing to learn
how packaging software works, I've didn't read much about it already
and asked some really dumb stuff. Even though I've apologized for the
lame question, the thing I asked was quite complicated concept nobody
was able to explain so far, and I still expect some on-topic ideas
from this discussion.

If you are fighting for justice then make an exam to test the
knowledge of Build-Depends-Indep and revoke access for everybody who
don't understand this. I am willing to elaborate on questionnaire
form. =)

I know basics about Makefiles - I know that target is and what 4-space
indents from PEP-8 are unwelcome there. But Debian Policy tells that
debian/rules should contain build-indep target for
Build-Depends-Indep, and there is no such rule in trac-bitten.

> Of course you are still welcome to update packages, please send the according
> patches to me and I'll apply them.

Ok. Can you upload edited trac-bitten package for previous version
right now, before I send you patch for newer version?
--
anatoly t.