Re: Python talks at DebConf

On May 08, 2010, at 10:55 AM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:

>The only reason I got from Ubuntu for doing transitions outside Debian
>and allowing Debian to do it later (and forcing us to fix after them)
>is... "because you are slow". All technical reasons (like relative
>imports in 2.6) were easy to prove wrong. I'm sure Ubuntu guys are not
>crazy and do not break universe on purpose (main is always well tested)
>so I'd love to hear their reasons.

I know nothing about the history of this so I won't comment on it.

Note that today is the first day of the Ubuntu Developer Summit for Ubuntu
10.10.  On Thursday we are going to have a session to discuss the roadmap for
Python on Ubuntu and what version(s) we will ship by default in 10.10.  I
invite your constructive input in this thread about issues that you'd like to
see discussed.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Specs/MaverickPythonVersions

Cheers,
-Barry