Re: Python talks at DebConf

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> writes:

> * Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>, 2010-05-08, 10:55:
>>The only reason I got from Ubuntu for doing transitions outside Debian
>>and allowing Debian to do it later (and forcing us to fix after them)
>>is... "because you are slow".
>
> That's quite ironic given the fact that the major inhibitor of the
> Python 2.6 transition happens to be a prominent Ubuntu developer.

Not really ironic, but actually quite understandable and human. On
Ubuntu he messed the transition up by making 2.6 default too early,
and is now overcompensating and messing the transition up in Debian by
making it default way too late.

It is sad that he has no intention of considering any opinions except
his own which is clouded by the fear of making the same mistake twice.

--
Arto Jantunen