Re: How do I know if my package is 'arch-all' or 'arch-any'?

anatoly techtonik <techtonik@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Iustin Pop <iusty@k1024.org> wrote:
> >
> > People who are creating/maintaining packages should start by reading
> > the general packaging documentation, which explains these.
>
> Python package maintainers do not need to learn all that irrelevant C
> stuff they have no idea about. They need minimum required information
> explaining how their software should be packaged and why.

Iustin is correct: a Debian package maintainer needs to be familiar with
the general packaging documentation.

You are free to learn what you want to learn, and ignore what you want
to ignore, of course. But that doesn't mean you get to skip the
essential packaging documentation if you want to be a Debian package
maintainer. That *is* part of the minimum required information.

--
 \          “And if I laugh at any mortal thing, / 'Tis that I may not |
  `\               weep.” —“Lord” George Gordon Noel Byron, _Don Juan_ |