Re: Python Policy Update

Scott Kitterman ha scritto:
> doko uploaded the new policy in python-defaults, so we can consider this
> edition complete.  Certainly it's not perfect and I'll be keeping an eye on
> bug submissions.
>
> I've also been added to uploaders for python-defaults and will continue to
> work on this.

Thanks for that, to all involved parties.

I'd like to refresh [1] too, it currently states policy is not
up-to-date, together with some other inaccuracies.

Also, what to do with [2]? This is nor the new policy, nor the "best
practice" nowadays, what about renaming it to avoid misunderstandings?

> I know a lot of effort has been made to get the archive ready for Python 2.6.
> Either before or with the Python 2.6 upload, we are going to have to drop
> Python 2.4 as a supported Python version.  Any work that could be done now to
> ease that transition would be beneficial.

We moved towards completing Python 2.6 transition bugs [3], now only a
few of them are still open. Many py2.6-isms are yet to come, though.

I believe defining a roadmap for the days to come would be appreciated,
so interested parties can start to work on issues raised and help
Matthias to perform the transition.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy
[3] http://tiny.pl/hqwjz