Re: XS-Python-Version vs pyversions

[Scott Kitterman, 2009-09-08]
> Does pyversions offer any real advantages over XS-...?  All things being
> equal, if both helpers support a common method for this I think we should
> just use it.

/me (while converting his packages back to python-support) is still
using XS-Python-Version

python-support supports *both* fields and I find XS-Python-Version's
syntax nicer (well, except "current" keyword)

PS Since there's no consensus on my dh_python proposal, how about at
least replacing {XS-Python-Version,pyversions} with what I want to do
there for now? I.e. using build dependencies to determine[1] requested
Python versions. Joss mentioned it on #debian-python recently so I guess
he's willing to remove pyversions...

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/08/msg00006.html
--
-=[     Piotr Ożarowski     ]=-