Re: VCS for Python code Was: Trac team almost dead?

Recently I have discovered some very nice features of hg that make it
attractive:

1) Multiple branches such that debian/ can be kept on alioth and have
working copy that has everything if maintainer prefers so
2) MercurialQueues plugin allows to keep versioned quilt patches,
rebase, merge and split them. Keep their history in a seperate branch
and always upto date series file.

This 2 features are very neat that imho bzr and git are lacking. (well
bzr will have stable support for nested trees soon can be simulated
with checkouts now and git has tg2quilt)

One major drawback of hg is missing pristine-tar support and abandoned
hg-buildpackage. Anyone willing to start working on this drawback
together with me? I have a little bit of ugly hackish code.  =)

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),
Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич