Re: VCS for Python code Was: Trac team almost dead?

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Dmitrijs
Ledkovs<dmitrij.ledkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently I have discovered some very nice features of hg that make it
> attractive:

Mercurial Queues are awesome, but there is one major drawback in
Mercurial comparing to SVN - it is impossible to clone a subtree of
repository. In SVN you may checkout any path and isolate your work
inside. I personally found this feature along with --set-depth option
very convenient when working with parts of such big projects as Debian
or Python.

There is forest extension and experimental subrepository support in
HG, but it works like svn:externals replacement.

Ciao,
--
anatoly t.