Getting stuck into apps-team and modules-team

Hi,

I've looked at a few packages in the repositories for these teams, but I'm
reluctant to start making changes without making sure it's not going to
upset anybody :)

Where the team is just an uploader, I'm inclined to leave the maintainer to
ask for help when s/he needs it. But where packages are fully under the team's
scope, is there any protocol for starting work on an oustanding package?

Particularly where there are bugs or new upstreams available, is it acceptable
to just get stuck in, or is wise to contact the last changer (I found little
evidence of this on lists, but I may have been looking in the wrong
places)?

I'd like to contribute to both teams (so by all means say 'please do this
for us') but not at the risk of disrupting their workflow.

Thanks for your advice.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

1024D: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52
4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51