Re: what's keeping python2.6? why is Josselin acting like a deaf man when his packages contain critical bugs?

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 12:06:15PM +0200, Jan Geboers wrote:
> If "tens or hundreds" of people are asking the same question
> maybe it would be a good idea to state a public answer to said question on
> the python mailing list?

Yes, it would be. Asking such a question on this list, you have a much
higher probability to get the answer you want than by coming forward
saying that X is not doing the job you expect him to do on his spare
time.

Of course, asking Google first is always the right thing to do. Here
is what you find by googling for two minutes:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/03/msg00091.html
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2009-May/028266.html

If that does not answer the question, try the following for more links
http://www.google.com/search?q=python+2.6+debian+package+site:lists.debian.org

Since I do not know the actual answer to the "what's keeping python2.6
out of testing/unstable?" question, I cannot provide it, but I am sure
someone else will be able to give more details than Sandro just did.

As for any free software project, the question that the developers
expect is "I see python2.6 is not in testing/unstable yet. I read the
following discussion in the archives. I looked at the package. If I
understand correctly this and that need to be done in order to get the
thing to work. Is it ok if I proceed? Who wants to review my work?".

I bet that this question will get you an immediate answer 99.9% of
the times you ask it.

--
Nicolas Chauvat