Re: python package installation problem

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 07:25:54PM +0200, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> > rm -r /usr/share/pyshared/something
>
> NEVER DO THAT
>
> > rm -r /usr/lib/python-2.?/site-packages/something
>
> almost never do that
>
> If your package leaves pycental leftovers, use preinst scipt to
> remove /usr/lib/python-2.?/site-packages/foo (see archives for more
> details, "rm" command will not be necessary in most cases) - you have to
> be sure no other package is using "foo" namespace, though

I was describing a way to fix an installation broken by a package that
did not do the right thing when migrating from central to support.

I was not recommending this as the Right Thing to do in all cases.

In my case, running 'pycentral pkgremove something' by hand failed to
fix the situation once the package with broken upgrade path was
installed.

--
Nicolas Chauvat