Re: python package installation problem

[Nicolas Chauvat, 2009-06-22]
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:00:08AM -0400, Sancar Adali wrote:
> > I had manually deleted those site-packages directories in order to fix
> > an apt problem. In /usr/share/pyshared I see none of the gtk2 or
> > gobject files.
> > cd /usr/share/python-support/ I have directories for python-gtk2 and
> > python-gobject.
> > Is the easiest thing to do remove python-2.4/5 and reinstall them
>
> Unless you already deleted something you should not have deleted,
>
> rm -r /usr/share/pyshared/something

NEVER DO THAT

> rm -r /usr/lib/python-2.?/site-packages/something

almost never do that

If your package leaves pycental leftovers, use preinst scipt to
remove /usr/lib/python-2.?/site-packages/foo (see archives for more
details, "rm" command will not be necessary in most cases) - you have to
be sure no other package is using "foo" namespace, though

--
-=[     Piotr Ożarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-