python package installation problem

Hi, I'm using Debian 5.0.
I'm having problems with python packages installed with apt specifically gtk and gobject. I'm trying to install wicd which requires these modules. Installation was successful, but when I tried to run it , I had an error "No module named gtk". If I look at modules in python help, these modules are not there I assume python-gtk2 and python-gobject are the packages associated with these modules and I tried reinstalling these but didn't work. I might have broken something with python-central or something, when I was fixing a weird dependency error. It's a long story. If there's a way to fix this problem quickly, I would really appreciate it.