Re: Migrating unmanaged Python library extension from ‘python-central’ to ‘python-support’

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:

> + Ben Finney (Wed, 15 Apr 2009 20:19:55 +1000):
>
> > * Copy the file from ‘writers/manpage.py’ into ‘usr/lib/$(shell
> >   pyversions -d)/site-packages/docutils/writers/.’. If I omit this step,
> >   there is no indication that the modules should be in the
> >   ‘docutils/writers/’ system library directory.
>
> You’re not qualifying the destination directory. Do you mean
> debian/tmp/usr/lib/...?

I'm not sure what you mean by “qualify”; all the directory names
(including the ones you suggest?) are relative, if that's what you mean.

I'm cribbing from Cyril Brulebois's suggestion, which puts the module in
‘usr/lib/$(shell pyversions -d)/site-packages/docutils/writers/’ and has
that directory specified to ‘dh_install’.

> In that case, just use debian/<pkgname>/usr/lib... instead, and skip
> the dh_install step.

That does work, thank you.

This goes against the suggestions earlier that ‘dh_install’ is the right
tool; I'm curious as to why you advise the opposite.

--
 \     “To punish me for my contempt of authority, Fate has made me an |
  `\                   authority myself.” —Albert Einstein, 1930-09-18 |