Migrating unmanaged Python library extension from ‘python-central’ to ‘python-support’

Howdy all,

As per bug#523965 <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/523965>, I'm attempting to
migrate the ‘docutils-manpage-writer’ package from using
‘python-central’ to using ‘python-support’.

The original source currently has no installation method or build
system; I am working with the upstream author to rectify that. In the
meantime, I'm trying to fix the breakage by migrating to
‘python-support’.

Currently (because there is no upstream build system specifically for
this code) the package needs the following rules:

=====
PROGRAM_DIR = usr/bin
PROGRAM_NAME = rst2man
WRITERS_DIR = writers
MANPAGE_WRITER_DIR = usr/share/pyshared/docutils/${WRITERS_DIR}

[…]

.PHONY: install
install: build
       install -d ${MANPAGE_WRITER_DIR}
       install -m 644 writers/manpage.py ${MANPAGE_WRITER_DIR}
       install -d ${PROGRAM_DIR}
       install -m 755 ${PROGRAM_NAME} ${PROGRAM_DIR}
       dh --with python_central install
=====

I'm not very familiar with using ‘python-support’, so I'm not clear what
I need to change in these rules. Where do I need to install the library
files for them to be properly discovered by ‘dh_pysupport’?

--
 \        “Don't fight forces, use them.” —Richard Buckminster Fuller, |
  `\                                                   _Shelter_, 1932 |