Re: Need help with revelation

Scott Kitterman pisze:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:24:35 +0100 "PaweB Tcza" <ptecza@uw.edu.pl> wrote:
Scott Kitterman pisze:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:10:35 +0100 "PaweB Tcza" <ptecza@uw.edu.pl>
wrote:

Hi Scott,

It's true, but probably not all true :) For example, what about release upgrade? I remember that when I run `do-release-upgrade` command for Ubuntu then I can only agree or disagree to remove *all* packages removed from Ubuntu. I don't know how to save only one package I still need, for example revelation.

Even there it only removes packages where there is a conflict, not just because it's out of the archive.

Thanks for the explanation! I didn't know about it.

You're welcome. I should mention that the above is the rule. The Ubuntu update-manager carries a lot of special cases to smooth upgrades and so it may, in fact, have special case code to remove certain packages. I don't think you need to worry about that for your case. This folow-up is just for completenes.

Thank you very much for that follow-up too! It's good to know how update-manager works :)

Cheers,

P.