Re: Need help with revelation

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:24:35 +0100 "PaweB Tcza" <ptecza@uw.edu.pl> wrote:
>Scott Kitterman pisze:
>> On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:10:35 +0100 "PaweB Tcza" <ptecza@uw.edu.pl>
wrote:

>>>Hi Scott,
>>>
>>>It's true, but probably not all true :) For example, what about release
>>>upgrade? I remember that when I run `do-release-upgrade` command for
>>>Ubuntu then I can only agree or disagree to remove *all* packages
>>>removed from Ubuntu. I don't know how to save only one package I still
>>>need, for example revelation.
>>
>> Even there it only removes packages where there is a conflict, not just
>> because it's out of the archive.
>
>Thanks for the explanation! I didn't know about it.

You're welcome.  I should mention that the above is the rule.  The Ubuntu
update-manager carries a lot of special cases to smooth upgrades and so it
may, in fact, have special case code to remove certain packages.  I don't
think you need to worry about that for your case.  This folow-up is just
for completenes.

Scott K