Re: numpy 1.2.1, switching to git?

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:
> Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>> Tristan Seligmann <mithrandi@mithrandi.net> (20/12/2008):
>>> My personal preference ordering would probably be:
>>>
>>>     hg, bzr, svn, git
>>
>> git, FD, *
>
> +1 :)

+1 too.

Btw, Emilio did a list of the most active DPMT users, here it is. Some
people like pox and piotr are actually the same.

I am surprised I am actually the 6th most active. Pretty cool. :)
Anyway --- when I get some free time, I'll try to assign the VCS
preference to the svn names below. I think it is important that the
people who are the most active use the vcs that they want. People with
no so many commits imho can learn how to use a vcs that is not so much
their favourite. I'll write a howto to our DPMT pages how to generate
couple commits with let's say git (if we switch to it), so that one
doesn't have to learn it --- I am 100% sure that with such a howto, it
will take only 5 minutes to submit a fix to a BTS using let's say git.

Ondrej

emilio@saturno:~/deb/python-modules$ svn log | egrep "^r[0-9]+ " | cut
-f2 -d'|' | sed 's/-guest//' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n -r
    865  piotr
    609  morph
    598  kov
    532  bzed