Re: the python editor 'spe' package needs an update.

On Nov 12, 2007 9:17 AM, Stefano Canepa <sc@linux.it> wrote:

> Il giorno dom, 11/11/2007 alle 23.12 +0100, Bernd Zeimetz ha scritto:
> >
> > Stefano, what's the status of your adoption efforts?
>
> I'll have a package ready for the upload at the end of the week.
Great! I hope to do an new upstream release (SPE 0.8.4.c) before
december. I guess it would be better to wait till then to push it into
the debian repositories. I had contact with the packager of wxGlade to
update wxGlade. I just got an email from him that he worked on it:

>The package wxGlade has now a new debian package, at
>ftp://ftp.ofset.org/debian/pool/main/p/python-wxglade_0.6.1-1_all.deb
>
>The sources and diffs can be found under
>ftp://ftp.ofset.org/debian/pool/main/w/wxglade*
>
>You may prefer get them as debian packages with the apt-get system.
>Then the relevant lines to consider are:
>
>deb http://debian.ofset.org etch main
>deb-src http://debian.ofset.org etch main

I've asked him when this will be in debian sid. Winpdb was till now in
the spe package, but thanks to Bernd this is now an external
dependency. Looking at the current spe package these dependencies seem
to be missing as spe normally ships with xrced: python-xml and
python-wxtools. If they are missing a part of the spe menu will be
broken.
Thanks for stepping up!
Stani
--