Re: the python editor 'spe' package needs an update.

On Nov 11, 2007 9:44 PM, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> wrote:
Hi Scott,
Thanks for your answer.
> On Sunday 11 November 2007 15:39, Steffen Mutter wrote:
> > Hi there!
> >
> > I subscribed to this list, cause my friend Martin 'Joey' Schulze adviced
> > me to do so and tell you about the matter I spotted...
> >
> > The problem is not really a debian problem, cause the packages work well
> > and no dependencies are broken - but the actual Ubuntu Gutsy release
> > just claims Debian unstable (or etch?) to be  used for their needs -
> > which is _not_ a good idea:
> > their repository dependencies delivers python-wxgtk2.8 with it, which
> > does not work with the package spe in version 0.8.2a+repack-1 at all ;-)
>
> Steffen,
>
> Stani has prepared an update for Gutsy to fix this problem in Ubuntu.
I have submitted an update to Hardy. Once this is approved, it will be
backported to Gutsy and Feisty.

> He has
> also started working here on getting SPE updated in Debian (and thus Ubuntu
> Hardy eventually).
At the moment I am still working on the new release which can be
packaged for Debian. This version (the latest SPE in subversion) works
with python-wxgtk2.6 and 2.8, so there is no need for Debian to
provide a python-wxgtk2.8 package. If SPE keeps on being orphaned I
will try to package SPE myself, although it would be nicer if a debian
developer wants to adopt SPE.

Best regards,
Stani

--