Re: Updated dh_python to satisfy everybody

* Joe Wreschnig (piman@sacredchao.net) [060620 07:35]:
> What does it mean? This thread more or less started when Raphael updated
> dh_python to change behavior based on the presence/absence of the
> Python-Standards-Version field -- exactly analogous to what debhelper's
> compat levels are.

Well, I just considered it a cool idea to be able to track not only the
"normal" policy, but also subpolicies. It is not too important either.

What we definitly need (and here I agree with you) is some switch for
dh_py - and that switch should be in debian/something.

Keeping the standards-version is IMHO still a good idea, but nothing I'm
going to fight for (especially as the use case is not as large, but it's
more like "cool idea, btw").

Cheers,
Andi
--