Re: Updated dh_python to satisfy everybody

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>      - uses "XS-Python-Standards-Version: 0.4" as reference field to run in new
>        policy mode. The presence of XS-Python-Version will also trigger the new
>        policy mode (this is for short-term compatibility, it may be removed in
>        the not too-distant future).

Joe proposed on IRC to use "debian/pycompat" instead of a new field. It
sounds very much debhelper-ish and I like it.

What do others people think ?

Several people have concerns with this Python-Standards-Version field
because it may have implications further than dh_python. This
debian/pycompat would solve that.

Raphaël Hertzog