Re: New python maintenance team

Raphael Hertzog writes:
> On Thu, 06 Apr 2006, Sebastian Rittau wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 06.04.2006, 09:58 +0200 schrieb Raphael Hertzog:
> >
> > > I'm not experienced enough with Python to lead such a maintenance
> > > team, but I'm looking forward to such a team.
> >
> > Even though you may think you are not experienced enough, it seems you
> > just stepped forward and volunteered to lead this team. ;) I think
> > initiative is more important than knowing the ins and outs of Python.
>
> I do hope Matthias could lead such a team. He responded to my mail this
> morning. He didn't take a clear position about the team but he indicated
> that he would come with a proposal this week-end (and that he would also
> upload python2.5 in experimental).
>
> He would like to tie this transition with the new infrastructure for
> handling python modules.

[just realized that my mail did go to Raphael only, not intended]

Raphael, thanks for your interest. It's true that I did not respond to
emails ignoring our discussions from January and February on this very
list.  It would be nice to build on these discussions for the
transition.  Any news from your side?  I think I did make it clear,
that we should get away from the transition system for all kind of
packages and implemented that (but side-tracked by other work in the
last month).  Please expect an update from this at this weekend.

> I'm not experienced enough with Python to lead such a maintenance
> team, but I'm looking forward to such a team.

I'm sure one or more teams could be useful, packagers should be able
to decide on their own if they want to join a team.  There are lot of
packages, where people did ask for maintainance (i.e. python-xml), but
got no response. On the other teams like deb-scipy seem to just work.

  Matthias