New python maintenance team

Hello everybody,

given that Matthias doesn't respond to our mails concerning the
maintenance of python and the switch to python2.4 by default, it
should be time to initiate the movement (with or without him).

The first python2.5 alpha release is out, and maybe the new team could
start with that: packaging python2.5 in experimental along with
preparing the switch to python2.4.

I'm not experienced enough with Python to lead such a maintenance
team, but I'm looking forward to such a team.

Who would be interested to help ?

I can at least create an alioth project if nobody steps up as a leader for
that ...

Raphaël Hertzog