Re: python 2.2 to python 2.3 transition

Hi, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Hrm, this could be achieved quite simply, /methinks. It needs little
> changes in dh_python and some prerm/postinst stuff in the python package
> (not the pythonX.Y package) to rebuild all .pyc's and .pyo's in this
> directory upon upgrade.
>
> Matthias, do you think it is feasible ?

Would work for me. /usr/lib/site-python is supposed to have "clean" python
scripts only, so running compileall.py on all subdirectories thereof
should pose no problem.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
<knghtbrd> Windoze CEMeNT: Now with CrackGuard(TM)!  Never worry about