Re: Splitting ZODB from Zope package

Matthias Klose wrote:
>>If we change Python policy according to this I would fully agree here.
> Anybody to write the PEP and define the import rules?
I'm not sure whether I'm qualified, but I'd sure like to help.
> - which order do have arch dependent and arch-independent directories?
>   concatenated, intertwined?
I think for default directories, arch dependent should take precedence. IMHO
it's far more likely that a arch-specific module overcomes an arch-independent
module's shortcomings than the other way round.
Also, it might be nice to have the location where the old-fashioned user looks
first take precedence for a friendlier transition.

> - how should packages install their files, when providing shared
>   modules and .py files? how to do this in a compatible way?
In what way would it hurt to split them?

Cheers

T.