custom

Hello,

I have a problem: I was looking for some software for small business
(merchants). The requirements are not too high: it should keep have a
customer database, keep track of what and how many units have been bought
from who, and sold to who. The server can run on linux, the clients
preferably linux as well as Windows.

So I came across an app called Custom <http.::sf.custom.net/>, a web-based app
written in Python. I set up Apache and Mysql, but I have trouble installing
the package. They provide packages themselves. All dependencies are
fullfilled, but I get these errors when trying to install the package:

littleone:~/custom/5# dpkg -i custom-base_0.5-1_i386.deb
(Reading database ... 15469 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace custom-base 0.5-1 (using custom-base_0.5-1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement custom-base ...
Setting up custom-base (0.5-1) ...
mysqladmin: CREATE DATABASE failed; error: 'Can't create database 'custom'.
Database exists'
Restarting monitord: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/monitord.py", line 13, in ?
    from custom.config import CustomConfig
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/custom/config.py", line 41, in ?
    from DPyDB.config import DPyDBConfig
ImportError: No module named DPyDB.config
dpkg: error processing custom-base (--install):
 custom-base

(Never mind the error " CREATE DATABASE failed", it's easy to fix by just
removing the database). I am more concerned about the missing module. I have
searched for a solution, didn't find any. It also doesn't help that I don't
have a clue about python (I intend to use the software, not develop it :) ).

If anyone knows the solution for this problem, my gratitude. It's going to be
used by 2 people who have absolutely no clue about computers and to who
Excell looks like a logic choice to keep track of stuff like this.

--
Frank Van Damme    | "Saying 8MB of RAM doesn't do as much anymore is
http://www.        | like saying a gallon of water holds more than it