Re: Removal of python1.5?

Quoting Jim Penny <jpenny@universal-fasteners.com>:

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 11:44:27PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 07:22:36AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > > Anthony Towns writes:
[...]
> BTW:  I have no feeling about dropping python-2.0;  it appears that
> portation from 2.0 to 2.1 is mostly very easy, and that there is no
> strong reason to keep 2.0 in Debian.

It's far more important to drop the non-policy compliant packages that are
still hanging around. A recent look at unstable shows;

python2-ming
python2-popy
python2-tmda

Actually... that's a lot better than I thought. Looks like people are already
onto it :-)

Looking at testing shows heaps of python2-xxx packages, and even the dreaded
python-base. How do packages disappear from testing, should I file a release
critical bug against python-base?

--
ABO: finger abo@minkirri.apana.org.au for more information.