Re: Removal of python1.5?

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 07:22:36AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Anthony Towns writes:
> > python1.5's still useful to users, isn't it, especially ones with
> > important python programs
> that was the precondition for the removal. Currently there are xtalk
> and python-pam. I do not count pydb, because a debugger for the old
> version alone doesn't make sense.

I mean for people who haven't managed to port their *own* (unpackaged) apps
to python 2.x.

Considering this list just went through convincing me that this *wasn't*
a trivial matter, I hope you're not going to go changing your minds on me
now.

Also, if python1.5's dropped from woody+1, then people who want it are
at least able to get it from woody; if it's dropped from woody they
can't get it from potato.

> > they don't want to port to 2.1 just yet?
> where "yet" is greater than about a year ..., and compared to python2
> much longer.

We didn't port to 2.1 until just now. Don't see why we should expect
everyone else to have done so already.

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt