Re: Removal of python1.5?

Anthony Towns writes:
> On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 08:00:20PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > If I don't hear a serious reason to keep python1.5, I plan to file a
> > bug report for ftp.debian.org to remove the python1.5 package.
>
> Eh?
>
> python1.5's still useful to users, isn't it, especially ones with
> important python programs

that was the precondition for the removal. Currently there are xtalk
and python-pam. I do not count pydb, because a debugger for the old
version alone doesn't make sense.

> they don't want to port to 2.1 just yet?

where "yet" is greater than about a year ..., and compared to python2
much longer.

> Dropping python1.5 doesn't seem a particularly clever thing to do.

If we don't have any python1.5 dependencies, why not?