Re: [Python-Dev] Re: Python 2.0 in Debian

Gregor Hoffleit wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 03:34:07PM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > Here's the "problem" I have: I want to put my code under a license
> > similar to the Python 2 license (that is including the choice of
> > law clause which caused all this trouble).
>
> Why don't you simply remove the first sentence of this clause ("This License
> Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in all respects by the law of
> the State of Virginia, excluding conflict of law provisions.") ?
>
> Is there any reason for you to include this choice of law clause anyway, if
> you don't live in Virginia ?

I have to make the governing law the German law since that is where
my company is located. The text from my version is:

"""
This License Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in all
respects by the law of Germany, excluding conflict of law
provisions. It shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention
on Contracts for International Sale of Goods.
"""

Does anyone know of the wording of the new 1.6.1 license ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg