Re: Naming again

 Jérôme> Shae Erisson <shapr@uab.edu> writes:
 >> I would suggest python-pyunit and python-ompyunit. I do understand
 >> the

 Jérôme>  python-py is redundancy. That is problematic. Some debian
 Jérôme>  maintainers simply do not use python-* (pydb, pyrite). Some
 Jérôme>  other use the naming you mentioned (python-pygresql), while
 Jérôme>  others do not use it at all (htmlgen).

It's a redundancy that I think is actually a good idea in this case.
Someone finds pyunit outside of debian and goes "Hmm, wonder if pyunit
is in debian?"  If it were me I'd do "dpkg -l '*pyunit*'" and without
the redundancy not find it (I'd also then do "apt-cache search pyunit"
and "apt-cache search unit" and eventually find it, but it makes sense
to have it easily found on the first try).

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!
@    http://jimdres.home.mindspring.com |  Linux is kewl!