Re: Naming again

"Jérôme Marant" wrote:

> I'm coming back with naming problems.
> I have 2 unit test suites called pyunit and ompyunit. Do I have to
> leave package names as is ? In the first case, renaming could
> simply be python-unit, but what about ompyunit ?

I would suggest python-pyunit and python-ompyunit. I do understand the
problem, at first glance, I would have named the first one python-unit,
but then I don't know what you would call the second one.

> I wonder why library bindings could not be named libsomething-python
> (for instance, libgtk-python, liborbit-python, etc ...) like perl bindings
> and python modules (that are not bindings) python-* (when possible).

After looking at perl package naming, I agree with you. I think it
should be that way.
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - http://www.webwitches.com/~shae/
VirtualPairProgramming Wanted - Linux/Emacs/Python/Speak Freely