Re: question on packaging of python applications

Rob Tillotson <robt@debian.org> writes:
> Then we have no choice, all Python packages will have to depend on a
> specific version of Python and be installed under that version's
> library, no matter how the .pycs are supplied.

Okay, but I'm thinking that not all .pycs should necessarily go in
/usr/lib/pythonX.X (or whatever).  I was thinking that generally useful python
code should go in those directories, but that code that's really only useful
as part of a particular application should go under /usr/lib/<application>
somewhere.  (That's what I did for 'subterfugue'.)

Does that make sense?

--Mike

--
[O]ne of the features of the Internet [...] is that small groups of people can
greatly disturb large organizations.  --Charles C. Mann