Re: question on packaging of python applications

Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il> writes:
> This isn't true. Python 1.5.2-compiled extensions will work just fine
> with Python 2.0.

Hmm, they have changed the C API version several times in the past
with minor releases, I guess it just didn't occur to me that there
would be a major release without changes to it as well.

> But if the .pyc's there are 1.5.2 pyc's, then Python 2.0 won't be able
> to work with them, and vice-versa.

Then we have no choice, all Python packages will have to depend on a
specific version of Python and be installed under that version's
library, no matter how the .pycs are supplied.

--Rob

--
Rob Tillotson  N9MTB  <robt@debian.org>