Re: Media partner for debconf

Dear Shirish,

Sorry for the top posting but the info you provided is splitted in
different mails and I was not sure how to reply inline properly.

>From the publicity team this is what I can say about the DebConf coverage:

* I expect to do publicity coverage of DebConf18, in a similar fashion
that we did last year (bits.d.o, debconf website, micronews, the closing
announcement, and DPN highlighting blogposts related).

* I still didn't talk with SZ Lin about the options to spread the word
in local media but I hope to talk soon

* I have two drafts for blogposts in bits.d.o about sponsors, to be
published soon (WIP, in touch with the corresponding company/org). May I
ask you to please hold on your own (or It's FOSS) posts until we publish
in bits?

* Similar proposals than the "It's FOSS" one, that I remember we
(press@) have received in the past, have been redirected to
registration@debconf.org.

* There have been news items published in a coordinated way in both the
Debian channels and other (local) channels (e.g. with broadband.co.za in
DebConf16). This has been done pro bono for both parts (at least since I
can remember (Debconf15 on) or maybe in change the media has been given
a booth to spread the word during the conference. I am not aware of the
'terms' of actual media partnership of (other) past DefConfs, but in any
case I guess that should be dealt by registration@ and/or sponsors@

Cheers

--
Laura Arjona Reina