Re: Update the mail address associated to the Debian identi.ca account

Hi
 On 14 de julio de 2015 07:01:21 GMT+02:00, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 2:40 AM, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
>
>> All the notification emails have subject "Activity notification" and
>> sender "Identica <notifications@identi.ca>" so it's easy to setup a
>> filter for the people who actually read/receive the mails (otherwise,
>> expect quite a lot of traffic: all the replies, likes and shares from
>> users in servers with email notifications activated (all identi.ca
>> users, at least).
>
>Is there a way to disable email notifications on identi.ca?

No, it's a server-side setting, affecting all users of that server.

You can turn off notifications in your user leaving in blank that field. But then, only the server admin can reset your password, updating the database directly.

>> Opinions? Shall we request an alias to fulfill that field? Shall we
>just
>> use press@debian.org?
>
>If we can disable email notifications I think we should add an alias
>that points to both press@ and the list of people with access to
>debian@identi.ca.

See above :/

>> Changing the email address does not require confirmation from the
>email
>> owners, it just needs the @debian@identi.ca password.
>
>Sounds like a security issue...

I'll talk with upstream about it.