Re: Making Debian users more visible

On Monday 14 July 2014 14:31:13 Laura Arjona wrote:
> Mmm new people sending "Who's using Debian" info may not mean that they
> just began using Debian, maybe they use it since years, and just now
> they decided to talk about it.

Indeed.  It seems to me that many submissions are from organisations which
have been using Debian for years.

> To make the page more attractive, maybe create a map with the
> countries/cities, similar to https://www.debian.org/devel/developers.loc
> ? I suppose somebody should manually enter the coordinates or search for
> the coordinates of cities/countries, but maybe we can explain to the
> user how to gather coordinates and send to us (the same as it's
> explained for developers), if they want to appear in the map.

Sounds like a lot work mapping their locations, and many submissions only
include the country; we now also ask for a city, but it is not really
mandatory, nor is the country for that matter.

--
Regards, Kaare