Re: [RFR and translations] "Eaton donates hardware to Debian's infrastructure"

Hi Filipus and Francesca,

it seems I'm a bit late in answering, since I've just seen Francesca's mail...

Le 21 mars 2013 00:33, "Filipus Klutiero" <chealer@gmail.com> a écrit :
On 2013-03-20 19:06, Arnaud Quette wrote:
Hi Filipus and all,

2013/3/20 Filipus Klutiero <chealer@gmail.com>
On 2013-03-19 05:30, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
[please reply on -publicity mailing list]

Hi all,

with the help of Martin Zobel-Helas, we just finalised a
press release about an important donation made by Eaton
to the Debian project.

The announcement is to be published next Thursday (21th):
I'd really appreciate reviews and translations.

You can find it attached to this mail.

Cheers,
Francesca

Thank you Francesca and everyone. Here is a link to the current version: http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/announcements/en/2013/20130321.wml?view=markup

<define-tag pagetitle>Eaton donates hardware to the Debian's infrastructure</define-tag>
I'd rather say just "to Debian" or "for Debian's infrastructure".

2nded

Otherwise, I see a few things which could be added:

good idea, though the PR is already fine.
  1. A reference, or details on the donation?
  2. A link to http://powerquality.eaton.com/opensource/Default.asp ?
You may prefer http://opensource.eaton.com which resolves to the above address
the About content from Eaton PR may be used here.

Good. I made a minor modification (person: our->its) to the About paragraph of Eaton's latest PR to obtain the following:

Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help its customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. With 2012 sales of $16.3 billion, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical products, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control, power transmission, lighting and wiring products; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in 2012. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.

Could you confirm this is acceptable?

confirmed

Other than that, what is your opinion on providing a reference or details on the donation Arnaud?

that would be a good idea, along with mentioning the protection software (NUT), but I'm biased.
Up to you, and maybe Martin...

Arnaud