Re: Debian joins OSI announcement ready. Please review and translate.

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 29. März 2012, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> > with http://slashdot.org/articles/980810/1817242.shtml which
> > lists four founders and one aim: obtaining an Open Source trademark.
> > Do we not credit Ian Murdock and Tim Sailer for some reason?
> > Which is the accurate summary of OSI's founding aims?
>
> As said in a previous thread, my source is the "About" section of OSI
> website. In addition, OSI people have already reviewed and approved the
> draft. So, I daresay that our draft is more accurate.

those who control the present control the past? ;-)

RTFA as they used to say on slashdot and probably still say :)

http://slashdot.org/articles/980810/1817242.shtml

"So here is the deal. Bruce, Ian and Tim left SPI, and now we know why. They
have joined up with esr to form The Open Source Initiative which will focus on
general issues surrounding Open Source Software, leaving SPI to remain focused
on ensuring that Debian kicks."

cheers,
	Holger